Professional Talks and Workshops
Our workshops, seminars and professional master classes for mental health professionals and medical staff include the following topic:
New Solutions to Depression and Anxiety
Depression--and related disorders including anxiety, PTSD and chronic pain--make up a significant part of most psychologist's case load. Clinical depression affects one in ten adults and one in six children, and doubles worldwide every decade (childhood depression increases at an astonishing 23% each year). Yet much of the information we receive about depression is inadequate or even misleading, and none of it explains this soaring pandemic.
Based on Dr Murray and Alicia Fortinberry's highly-acclaimed new book Creating Optimism: A Seven-Step Program for Overcoming Depression (McGraw-Hill, 2004) and their successful international Uplift Program sponsored by the University of South Florida, this highly experiential symposium presents a revolutionary theoretical and practical framework for treating depression.
You will learn practical information and techniques including:
- How the mismatch between our present lifestyle and genetic heritage engenders depression.
- The effects of childhood trauma on the brain of the depressed person.
- Enabling clients to identify and overcome the inner saboteur.
- How trauma lodges in the body and how to read its legacy.
- Using gentle Feldenkrais movement to reprogram the brain and body.
- How specific types of fully supportive relationships enable the brain to heal.
- Functional, supportive relationships versus codependent or controlling ones.
- Teaching clients how to identify functional relationship needs and get them met.
- Effective communication and negotiation at home, work and play.
- Preventing and healing practitioner burnout.
- The value of spirituality in overcoming depression.
- How to help clients reconnect with nature in practical ways.
|“Bob and Alicia understand healing. Their knowledge is more than profound. Their grasp of the whole person amazing.|
-- Martin Aboud, MD, Denver
|“Their workshops are always great,” “Remarkable stuff! I was really impressed--it definitely helped me to look at the way I see and treat patients,” “Bring them back next year!”|
-- Quotes from attendees American Holistic Medical Assn. Conference
Health professionals will also benefit from our public talks and workshops.
UPCOMING PUBLIC TALKS: Book Now!
Check our event schedule for all dates and locations.
Top of page
|SPEAKERS & FACILITATORS|
Bob Murray, PhD, psychologist,
Alicia Fortinberry, MS,
psychotherapist and Feldenkrais Practitioner, are internationally
recognized experts in creating optimism and overcoming depression.
They are passionate about each person's ability to join with others
in healing, supportive relationships and create lives full of joy and meaning.
Best-selling authors and dynamic speakers, they have appeared on
national television, taught at major universities and consulted for Fortune 500
More about Bob and Alicia