Uplift Mission and Philosophy
Our mission is to replace depression with optimism, isolation with connectedness and fear with empowerment. The Uplift website, books, audio-programs and workshops are a major tool for achieving this.
A human being is a mind/body system that interacts with the environment. Physical safety, wellbeing and happiness require that all aspects of the person be addressed -- brain, body, emotions and spirit. The essence of the human ecology is our connections to other people, our bodies, nature and our own spirituality.
The source of personal distress and social disharmony is that we live in a society that is far removed from the way in which we evolved to live. The rapid increase in illnesses from depression to ADD/ADHD and from cancer to coronary disease are due to the dissolution of social and familial structures. This social mismatch is also the cause of fanaticism, poverty and violence.
For true healing to occur we need to acknowledge the social causes of individual and group dysfunction and relearn the lost art of relationship-making. Only from within the safety and support of these new networks of relationships can we begin to combat the growing epidemics of isolation, mental illness, violence, abuse and racial and religious intolerance and persecution. Only then can individuals and society begin to heal the wounds of past trauma, and remove the blocks to leading a life of purpose, clarity and hope.
We call this philosophy "healing from the outside in."
Top of page
The goal of the Uplift Program is to teach people to create relationships in all areas of their lives that will allow them to fulfill their human potential for health, happiness, harmony and abundance. As these personal connections deepen and spread they will form the basis of a healthier, more tolerant and just society.
To this end we deepen our commitment to:
- Enable people to reorganize their lives around functional relationships using practical and effective tools. We guide people to use awareness of their physical and emotional states to enhance learning, promote healing and make appropriate life choices.
- Inform people about issues vital to their health and wellbeing. We present ground-breaking insights, information and analysis based on clinical experience and a wide range of credible sources and disciplines in a readily accessible format, free from commercial or outside interest groups. We aim to help people make treatment or self-help choices that are right for them.
- Support individuals by confirming their rights to create social environments and individual relationships that meet their needs. We support healthcare professionals, or community workers and volunteers, by enabling them to create healing networks for themselves, their clients, and community members.
- Empower individuals and groups with the skills, solutions and knowledge to facilitate their own healing and create resilient, lasting relationships and communities which promote positive self-growth.
- Heal the symptoms of social stress, childhood emotional wounds and depression in all it's forms (anxiety, rage, addiction, isolation and hopelessness).
- Inspire people with concrete positive models of harmonious and strong individuals and relationships. To provide hope for a world in which we live congruently with ourselves, each other and the environment.
Top of page
This website is designed and maintained by a small team of dedicated Uplift Program volunteers and expenses are funded by the Uplift Program.
You can help us maintain the high quality of information we present by supporting our website in the following ways:
Top of page
Get health and wellness news, articles,
self-help tips and event updates.
Bonus Self-Esteem EBook!
Your subscriber details will never be sold or traded